The Jewish people made an crucial stop on their way through the desert to Israel.
And what happened there? We are still debating that amongst ourselves, but Avraham thinks that we made three commitments; to recognize one God; to make the world a better place for all people; and to use certain rituals to define and shape Jewish time and space.
So, for Jews who observe any or all of the mitzvot, and those who are committed to Tikkun Olam (repairing the world), and those who serve the Jewish community, or move to Israel, the covenant established at Mount Sinai is still a tie that binds.
Something happened at Mount Sinai
TIKKUN OLAM (Repairing the World)
- What has to be the Jewish vision in terms of responsibility of being Jewish?
- What could be the 10 commandments of Jewish identity
- Is there “Two worlds of Judaism”? – Israeli and Diaspora Judaism.
- Am Segula and/or Or Lagoyim?
- Authority in Judaism: who defines my Jewish identity and my Jewish responsibilities – God, my community, Jewish history or memory, myself, Western culture, the government of Israel….?